Everything you need to know about the best reciprocating saws on the market today
Easily one of the handiest power tools you’re going to want to add to your arsenal ASAP, no contractor, DIYer, handyman, or homeowner is ever going to feel like they are tool collection is really complete unless they have at least one of the best reciprocating saws on hand during every project that they tackle.
It’s just that valuable a tool!
At the same time, finding the best reciprocating saw is no where near as simple or straightforward a process as most would like it to be – especially since there are so many different options and features to pick and choose from.
Use the inside information below to help you cut through all the clutter and get your hands on a top-tier saw that will serve you well for years and years to come.
Top 5 Best Reciprocating Saws Guide
|Makita JR3070CT||Long blade stroke||$$|
|DEWALT DW311K||Portable and lightweight||$$|
|Bosch RS428||Great runtime from battery||$$|
|Makita JR3050T||Great performance for the budget price||$|
|Porter-Cable PC75TRS||Cheap no frills unit!||$|
#1 – Makita JR3070CT AVT Recipro Saw – 15 AMP
Easy to use…little vibration, powerful, and doesn’t overheat.
Makita tools are among the best in the business, and are trusted by professional contractors the world over to get the job done right when it counts the most.
This reciprocating saw is definitely one of their crown jewels, and exactly the kind of 15 amp reciprocating saw you’re going to want to add to your arsenal in a hurry.
Thanks to features like the:
- Powerful 15 amp motor
- Variable speed controls modified by the trigger pressure applied
- Built in clutch to all but eliminate gear damage
- For position orbital and straight cut applications
… and a whole bunch of other special features, it’s easy to see why so many people go crazy over this reciprocating saw in particular.
#2 – DEWALT DW311K 13-Amp Reciprocating-Saw
Enough power to tear through most surfaces with a fast blade change mechanism
- Incredible power thanks to the corded power supply
- A versatile cutting platform that can chew through metal and wood (as well as most other construction materials) with ease
- A key-less stainless steel blade clamp that secures all of your blades while making it effortless to swap them out as necessary
#3 – Bosch RS428 14 Amp Reciprocating Saw
Smooth operation and easily controlled. Powerful to make light work out of framing & nails
This Bosch reciprocating saw offers a number of advanced technological features, including:
- A high power 14 amp motor, the most powerful in its class giving you the ability to cut through most anything like a hot knife through butter
- Beautiful balance and innovative Vibration Control System that makes this saws-all effortless to control while cutting
- The very best power to weight ratio as it weighs in at only 8 pounds
#4 – Makita JR3050T 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw
One of the lightest saws on the market and comes with a wood and steel blade
Less powerful than the option of that we mentioned above, this 11 AM reciprocating saw is a bit more better suited to DIYers and homeowners, but can get heavy duty work done on a job site in a pinch.
- Ball and needle bearings designed specifically to extend the lifeline of this tool, especially when it’s put through heavy duty tasks
- The 11 amp reciprocating saw motor that offers variable speed and a 1 1/8 inch long stroke
- As well as the effortless blade mounting system that secures your blade in use but makes it easy to change later
… Really make this reciprocating saw something special.
#5 – PORTER-CABLE PC75TRS 7.5 Amp Reciprocating Saw
Heavy duty and rugged constructed – all for a really low price
- Heavy duty 7.5 amp motor
- Twist lock tool/blade securing technology and
- Variable speed trigger pressure control
… all make this reciprocating saw one of the most attractive options that can be purchased today, and usually at a fraction of the price other companies charge for similar reciprocating saws.
Reciprocating Saw Review Considerations
Now that you have a better idea about what the best reciprocating saws available on the market today are, it’s important that you know what you should be looking for in these saws to find the right one for your needs.
For starters, you need to be sure that your reciprocating saw has plenty of power for the task at hand. 10 amps is usually plenty for most projects, though you may want to bump that power up to 15 amps if you’re going to be using this reciprocating saw on a job-site regularly.
You’ll also need to determine whether not you want a cordless reciprocating saw or one that has a power cord attached.
Cordless options are incredibly portable and can be used anywhere (even when you don’t have access to traditional power or extension cords), but power cord reciprocating saws are much more powerful and reliable when chewing through heavy duty construction materials.
Finally, you’ll need to be sure that you purchase the best reciprocating saws that offer variable speeds. You’ll want to be able to control the speed of your cuts on every project so that you increase your accuracy, cut down on your vibration, and maintain complete control over both the reciprocating saw AND the material that is being cut.
If you would like more information this is one of the best Reciprocating saw video guides .