What you need to know about the UKF8001 Puriclean 11 water filter
There are over 400 refrigerator models on the market that use the UKF8001 water filter. This water filter is an excellent choice for eliminating dangerous contaminants in your drinking and ice water. This results in better tasting safe drinking water.
The Maytag UKF8001 Puriclean 11 water filter is independently tested and certified by the NSF for getting rid of Asbestos, bad Chlorine taste, Lead, Mercury Cysts, and other harmful pollutants. This UKF8001 will protect your water from these dangerous elements up to 6 months long.
Checkout more info and price on the Maytag UKF8001 filter.
Why you Should use a water filter
Ordinary Tap water usually has a bad after taste especially if the Chlorine levels are high in your area. Filtered water solves this problem and makes your water taste much better and fresher. The filtration media for the Maytag UKF8001 water filter is certified to filter up to 750 gallons of water.
Steps to change out your old UKF8001 filter
You will easily know when it’s time to change out your filter because the indicator light will become red. If there is no light on your filter than make it your responsibility to replace your filter every 6 months. Follow these steps to replace your old Maytag refrigerator water filter:
- 1 – First locate where your filter is positioned in your refrigerator door, normally it is found in the top right corner
- 2 – Next unlatch the filter cover and it should swing down all the way
- 3 – Now unlock the filter by twisting it a quarter turn counter clockwise
- 4 – Pull the filter out of the socket, the water should shut off when the filter is removed
- 5 – Now insert your new filter into the socket, twist it a quarter turn clockwise to lock it into position
- 6 – Lift up the plastic filter cover until it snaps closed over the filter and reset the (change filter) indicator light
Checkout more info and price on a replacement filter UKF8001 Puriclean 11.
The UKF8001 filter replaces many older part numbers to these brands:
- Amana / Maytag Water Filter install
- Sears / Kenmore
This model (UKF8001) can be used to replace the following models of water filter:
After installing your brand new UKF8001 water filter make sure to flush the filter cartridge by running up to two gallons of water through the dispenser first.
This will help eliminate any loose carbon fines and primes the filter for home use. You can now look forward to drinking clean safe fresh tasting water.